posted by Heather Campbell
view other posts from this author
Sustainable Weight Loss is Possible
I have seen both first hand and through my work what an impact being overweight can have on energy, motivation, self-esteem, not to mention our physical health. It can be the root of endless frustration towards ourselves when we fail to lose weight or keep it off for any length of time. The yo-yo dieting can feel like a never ending cycle with no positive outcome at the end of it.
I was stuck too until I tried a different way of losing weight. That’s why I feel passionately about helping others to get out of this rut. Going on an endless round of diets can be frustrating and disheartening. By using Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) you will find that it is possible to lose weight and more importantly keep it off because you will tackle the underlying reasons for your weight gain rather than just dealing with the superficial symptoms.
There is such a lot of choice out there when it comes to losing weight that it might all be a bit overwhelming or confusing or maybe you are frustrated that you have lost some weight in the past but have been unable to keep it off. Here are some reasons why I believe that using CBT to lose weight is a good choice;
• There are no special foods or recipes to follow; you can eat what you choose
• There are no group shaming exercises, instead it is based on compassion and positivity
• Take it at your own pace. Each technique is small and manageable, nothing overwhelming
• There is no complicated calorie counting or points system to work out. Each technique not only helps you to lose weight but can also be applied to deal with many other issues we all face such as fear of public speaking, general anxiety or feelings of depression and as an all-round boost to your sense of well-being.
• Finally I have lost weight this way myself so I know it works. There aren’t many other diets that can claim weight loss has been maintained 7 years later.
So go on, what have you got to lose?
To find out more visit www.keepitoff.me.uk
or get the book ‘Keep It Off: The Key to Lasting Weight Loss’ on Amazon